Saturday, July 19, 2008

L.E.I. Orientation





We arrived in Tulsa on Sunday, July 13, after 36 hours on the bus. Our time in the Orientation here has been very fruitful. We have met new friends from Brazil, Ghana, India, Laos, and from the U.S. and have learned about the privileges and responsibilities of becoming members of Literacy and Evangelism International. One thing we especially like about L.E.I. is the emphasis on maintaining a vital personal relationship with God day after day. Having been involved with this organization for over seven years, we have finally applied for formal membership. This is a process and we expect to hear from them in about a month. Petition: Favor with the personnel committee of L.E.I.

From here we go on to Trinidad, Colorado and then on to Tyler, Texas, returning around August 12 to California. Petition: Safety in our travels and effective sharing with individuals and churches.

Thank you for keeping us in your prayers. In Christ, Augusto, Carolyn, and Chaska
O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. Psalm 63:1-3